Friday 8 March 2013

Review: Lóreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil

In the beauty world it seems like lately oil is everything. We dab it into our faces before we sleep, we aply it over our bodies after showering and now we´re adding to our hair in a quest for healthy hair. Im already a big fan of Khiels Midnight Recovery which I reviewed here, I talked about how I love the feeling of the oils seeping into my skin, well surely they could work their magic into my hair too. I picked up this quite new product from Loreal Elvive, Extraordinary Oil. At 10 euros in a large, quite elegant looking 100ml glass bottle it seemed a good deal. It contains a blend of 6 precious flower extracts, and promises to give hair a glowing shine, make it feel intensely nourished, and flow with a silky softness.  

En el mundo de la belleza últimamente parece que el aceite es todo. Estamos aplicándolo a la cara antes de dormir, extendiendolo por el cuerpo después de salir de la ducha, y ahora poniéndolo en el pelo para conseguir una melena sana. Ya soy gran fan de Midnight Recovery de Khiels, reviewed aqui. Hable sobre como me encanta sentir los aceites absorbiendo en la piel, pues seguramente tienen efecto en el pelo también. Me compre este nuevo producto de Loreal Elvive, Aceite Extraordinario Oleo. Contiene 6 aceites de flores preciosas, y dice es un ´tratamiento sublimador del cabello´ dando ´vitalidad produgiosa, cabello sedoso´ y un ´toque luminoso´. 

Buy it here from Boots

I began using the oil in the same way as I would with a serum or finishing producut, rubbing it over the ends when I had dried my hair, although you can also use it before blow-drying as a protective treatment. It does give the promised shine, my hear gleamed in the light without looking greasy. I also love the smell, it has a floral perfumey scent that I think isn´t overwhelming. Another way you can use it is as a pre-wash treatment, I found this made my hair silkier and more manageable. I hope it´s not just the silicones (yes, it does contain them..) I hope its penetrating my hair and giving a bit of deep hydration, much needed after years of highlights and addictive GHD use! I will be able to tell after months of use, so will keep you updated. The other similiar products I would like to to try in the future, and that dont contain those pesky silicones, are Khiels Magic Elixir and Kerastase Elixir Ultime. But then again, they are much pricier so I will wait and see if this one can give me healthier, stronger hair with long term use, but for the moment I´m a happy bunny as this product makes my hair glossy, smooth and smelling great.  Have you tried it, or any similar product?

Comencé a usar el aceite de la misma manera como lo haría con un producto serum, frotándola sobre los puntos cuando me había secado el pelo, aunque también se puede usar antes de secarlo como tratamiento protector. Se da el brillo prometido, el pelo brilla a la luz sin tener aspecto grasiento. También me encanta como huele, tiene un olor floral sutil. Bueno, otra manera de utilizarlo es como un tratamiento de prelavado, encontré esto hizo que mi pelo más sedoso y manejable. Espero que no se trata sólo de las siliconas (sí, sí contiene ellas ..) Espero que también esta penetrando el pelo y dando un poco de hidratación profunda, muy necesario después de años de mechitas y el uso de GHD adictivo! Solo os puedo confirmar después de mas meses de uso, por lo que os mantendremos informados. Los otros productos semejantes que me gustaría probar en el futuro, y eso que no contiene los malditos siliconas, son Khiels Magic Elixir y Elixir Ultime de Kerastase. Pero, son bastante más caros para el bolsillo, así que esperaremos a ver si esto de Loreal me puede dar  cabello más saludable y fuerte con el uso a largo plazo, pero por el momento estoy contentísima ya que este producto hace que mi cabello este brillante y suave y huele divina. Dime, ¿lo has probado, o un producto similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment