Tuesday 19 March 2013

Review: Estee Lauder doublewear foundation and concealer

After loving my free sample of this foundation I pounced on it when it was on offer in a Spanish cosmetics store recently (see here). It´s a very special, super long-lasting foundation that gives me a flawless and even complexion. I think it has become my new favourite. Thinking about foundations for my wedding, I had tested Guerlain´s Parure Extreme, Make Up Forever´s HD Foundation and Revlon´s Colorstay Foundation, but this is the one that outperformed them all. I had to buy the concealer too which made my purchase notably more expensive but wow, its worth it. I got it in the lightest tone to use over imperfections and under my eyes. It´s creamy and give full coverage. The doublewear range from Estee Lauder is worth all the hype. Although I use Bourjois´s Healthy Mix or Lilylolo´s mineral foundation during weekdays, this product is ideal for going out at the weekend or special occasions, you could wear it every day but I think for me I prefer something lighter. So to conclude, its up there with the best foundations, I´d give it an A*. The only thing is I need to see how it photographs as it has a SPF10, if I see that my face has a white cast on photos I´m afraid I´m back to square one. Please share your thoughts, what do you think the perfect foundation is?

Después de enamorarme a mi muestra gratis de esta base me abalancé sobre él cuando estaba en oferta en la tienda Aromas de cosméticos españoles recientemente. Es un base de maquillaje muy especial, super duradero que me da un cutis perfecto y uniforme. Creo que se ha convertido en mi nuevo favorito. Pensando en bases de mi boda, yo había probado Parure Extreme de Guerlain , Make Up Forever HD y el base de Revlon ColorStay, pero esta es la que superó a todos. Tuve que comprar el corrector también, lo cual hizo que mi compra notablemente más caro, pero sin duda vale la pena. Lo tengo en el tono más claro de usar para tapar las imperfecciones y aplicar por el contorno de los ojos. Es cremoso y da una cobertura total. La gama doublewear de Estee Lauder se merece su buena fama. Aunque yo uso Bourjois Healthy Mix o el base Lilylolo de mineral durante los días de semana, este producto es ideal para salir los fines de semana o en ocasiones especiales, se podría usar todos los días, pero creo que para mí, prefiero algo más ligero día a día  Así que para concluir, su altura de los mejores bases, que le daría una nota de 10. Lo único es que tengo que ver cómo se retrata como tiene un SPF10, si veo que mi cara tiene un tono blanco en las fotos, temo que estoy de vuelta al punto de partida. Por favor comparta sus pensamientos, ¿qué crees que es la base perfecta?



Estee Lauder is availables here at Boots, here at Selfrides, or here on the official webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment