Saturday 19 January 2013

have your cake and eat it

Lately I´ve been trying to decide what type of wedding cake I´m going to have. Having looking at lots of photos online, I´ve decided- the simpler, the better. For me the more traditional wedding cakes are more elegant and appetizing. I toyed with the idea of tiers of cupcakes. They do look pretty I must admit, plus the cupcakes can be individually boxed up for the guests to take home. But a smooth, simple three-tiered white cake is just so beautiful and won´t date, and the ones with real or sugar flowers cascading down are my favourites. I think I´d like my guests to enjoy the cake in the reception, so it has not only look great but be delicious! Now I need to think about filling- chocolate, vanilla sponge, buttercream...

Últimamente  he estado intentando considerar que tipo de tarta de boda voy a tener. Después de mirar muchas fotos por Internet  he decidido que lo mas simple, lo mejor. Para mí,personalmente creo que las tartas mas tradicionales son mucho mas elegantes y apetecibles  Consideraba por un momento la idea de pisos de cupcakes. Parecen muy bonitos hay que decirlo, ademas se pueden dar a los invitados en cajitas decoradas para regalos. Pero una simple tarta de tres pisos, lisa y blanca, es tan preciosa y nunca fuera de moda, y con una cascada de flores- reales, de seda o de azúcar son mis preferidos. Quiero que mis invitados disfruten al comer la tarta durante la cena, así que no solo tiene que parecer hermoso, sino tiene que saber buenísimo  Ahora tengo que pensar en el relleno-chocolate, vainilla, mazapán...


I love the cascade of flowers, so elegant. From Marks & Spencer 

Me encanta el cascada de flores, tan elegante. De Marks & Spencer

Decorated at the base with roses and a simple bouquet. From Marks & Spencer 

Decorado a la base con rosas y un bouquet. De Marks & Spencer


The same cake decorated with pink orchids.

El mismo tarta decorado con orquídeas.

No comments:

Post a Comment