Saturday 19 January 2013

russian red

I´m getting a bit jealous of all the lovely pictures of the snowfall in the UK, here in southern Spain we´re just getting dull skies and drizzle this weekend. I thought I´d include a post on a very pretty, wintery and romantic look- blood red lips. I think I´ve loved this look since I saw the magical Chanel no5 advert with Estella Warren stepping out into snowy Paris with her little-red-riding hood basket. There is something both sophisticated and at the same time fairy tale about the contrast of smooth white skin and deep red lips.

Tengo envidia de las fotos estoy viendo del nieve que esta cayendo ahora en el Reino Unido mientras aquí en el sur de España esta gris y con lluvia este fin de. De todos modas, quiero dedicar este post a un look super bonito, invernal y romántico los labios rojos. Me encanta este look desde que vi el anuncio de Chanel No5 con Estella Warren, cuando salio en París por un noche de nieve con su cesta de caperucita rojo. Encima de ser muy sofisticado, el contraste de piel porcelana y labios rojos intensos me recuerda de los cuentos de hadas.   


I was interested in the perfect red to compliment my fair colouring and I´d read  rave reviews of MAC´s Russian Red. It´s hailed an classic, iconic red so I tried it on in store and I loved it. Although I love their lipsticks, especially in lustre and cremesheen finish, I opted for the lipglass as I fancied the glossy richness! It´s a very luxurious, vintage red- perfect with a flick of black eyeliner on a night out.

Estaba interesada en buscar el rojo perfecto para complementar mi piel rubia y había leído buenas criticas de Russian Red de MAC. Lo probe en tienda y me encanto, el rojo clásico. Aunque suelo comprar los labiales de MAC, sobre todo en lustre y cremesheen, fui por el lipglass como quería un acabado tan brillante y jugoso! Es un producto de lujo, muy vintage Hollywood- perfecto con un toque de delinear negro en los ojos.

(images from Google images)

Purchase Russian Red here

No comments:

Post a Comment