Monday 28 January 2013

Review: Lilylolo mineral foundation

As I live in Spain and it gets pretty hot here I was getting tired of heavy, pore-clogging liquid foundations so I read up mineral make up and decided to give it a go to see if it was worth the hype. There are lots of benefits in opting for a mineral base- it´s got staying power, has natural SPF coverage, it´s oil-free, paraben-free, great for senstive skin or people living in hot, humid climates , and if applied well it gives a flawless look. I know Bare Minerals is the most well-known, best-selling brand, but I fancied a ´national product´ and decided to try Lilylolo. They have a huge range of foundations for the palest English rose skintone to a few tones for dark olive and black skin. A good idea if you´re buying online is to try their Ready Set Glow starter kits, they come in Light, Light Medium and Medium, and include a mini kabuki brush, three sample size foundations to try and a flawless silk finishing powder which is a lovely product to apply over your foundation to keep it in place and ´to minimise fine lines and imperfections´. 



Aqui en España con la clima del sur, me cansaba de usar bases de maquillaje en liquido por su textura pesada y grasienta.  Leí mucho sobre maquillajes minerales y pensé en probármelos  ¿Valen la pena? La verdad es que hay muchos ventajas de ponerse maquillaje de minerales- tiene duración larga, protección solar natural, no engrasa, no lleva parabenos, es ideal para lA piel sensible o gente que se vive en lugares calurosos, y si aplicado de buena manera da aspecto de una tez perfecto.  Se que Bare Minerals es la marca mas conocida del mundo maquillaje de minerales pero quería comprarme un ´producto nacional´ y por eso hizo una compra con LilyLolo, ademas no son tan caros. Tiene muchos tonos, del mas pálido para la tez rosa inglesa hasta muy moreno. Un buen idea es probar antes su set de Ready Set Glow que viene en tres tonos, claro, claro-medio, medio, y incluye un brocha de kubuki en mini, tres muestras de tonos diferentes, y un muestra de ´flawless silk finishing powder´, es es perfecto para echar después del base para fijar la maquillaje y ´ minimizar lineas finas y imperfecciones.´



The key is buffing, you need to blend in that powder with a good Kabuki brush. Swirl the brush in the powder, tap off any excess and start gently buffing in circular movements until you have the coverage you want- if done well it gives a lovely airbrushed-effect. I love it, I use it every day after moisturising. I have to be careful not to make it look cakey, building it up subtly, and buffing away. It actually feels light and like my skin is still breathing and being looked after. I highly recommend Lilylolo, the link is below. I have to try their blushers but I meanwhile I keep re-purchasing their foundation in ´Blondie´, it´s my perfect colour. Another nice thing to know is that they do global delivery!

Lo importante en usar maquillaje mineral es primero hidratar la cara bien, y aplicarlo con una buena brocha como el Kabuki en movimientos circulares hasta que tengas la cobertura deseada. Así la piel conseguirá un aspecto preciosa. Me encanta, lo uso cada día  con cuidado que no me lo pongo demasiado y que sigo aplicándolo con movimientos circulares con la brocha, si no que pueda dar un aspecto acartonado. Me siento que es ligero, que la piel y los poros respiran, y que me cuida la cara. Os recomiendo Lilylolo! El link esta debajo. Pronto tengo que probarme sus coloretes pero mientras sigo repitiendo con su base en ´Blondie´, me va perfecto. Tambien hacen envíos en todo Europa y el resto del mundo, es bueno saberlo!  



                                                        http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice product, I have never used a miner foundation before :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it, I think it lets your skin breathe a bit and still gives lovely coverage. Maybe you could try samples and see if you like it!

      Delete